Monday 16 November 2009

Babybird in Hoxton

I went to see Babybird at a small bar in Hoxton last week, it was a fantastic gig, in an intimate setting, crowded and hot! Stephen Jones has a sublime singing voice and the band were rocking the house - it was a great night out. There is a new album, Ex-Maniac out in March next year. If you are a fan sign up to his website, or if you just want to hear some music go to his myspace. Most people I have spoken to only know the band for their one major hit, but Stephen Jones is a prolific musician writing profound and beautiful lyrics and music with many diverse recordings and I think he is one of the better artists performing and writing music today.

4 comments:

admin said...

now that i've listened, you're right, much more to him than 'you're gorgeous'

Camilla said...

So excited he now owns one of my brooches thanks to you! I was a big big fan back in the early/mid 90s- have special ltd edition singles and all kinds of stuff. I have sort of fallen out of touch with lots of music over the years but it's been good to get reacquainted.

Feltbug said...

Camilla I am pleased that you are a fan - it all worked out really well - long live International Art Exchanges! Robin I hope you enjoy discovering his music. Its unbearably romantic x

Anonymous said...

good!!