Sunday, 3 April 2011

Liberty

I attended the Best of British Design Open Call at Liberty's in London yesterday with my suitcase of Hand-Cut & Drawn cards. The event is an opportunity for designers and makers to meet buyers for Liberty, show their wares and get some advice and possibly be selected to sell work in the shop at a later date. I arrived at 11.00 and managed to avoid the queues which had built up from 7am. I met 2 buyers and had 3 minutes to pitch my product. They liked the cards and gave me some constructive advice about how to present them and suggested I return for the next open call in August.

9 comments:

Murgatroyd said...

Very well done - good luck for August!

Joanne Haywood said...

Congrats Mandy, they look great!
Jo x

jackie said...

Well done you, how exciting.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

I most definitely think there is a place for your designs on cards and other wares. I wish you loads of success at the next meeting Mandy

Have a lovely Easter weekend
Spring blessings and hugs
Carolyn ♥

Louise Batten said...

Hello! Love the blog, thought you might be interested in the following opportunity......



Louise x

Feltbug said...

Thankyou for all the good wishes - it is always so encouraging to hear your comments and means a lot to me.

Ilya said...

Well done, what an exciting event!

wildfennel said...

well done! i was there too supporting my friend lisa x

Cecilia Levy said...

Sounds - and looks - great! Congrats and good luck in August!