Portrait of the artist by Jamila
I have been tagged by the very lovely Alabama Whirly to reveal seven random facts about myself:
1. I collect odd things from charity shops - today I found this cash receipts and advices ledger from 1933. It is very large and heavy and it might be the beginning of a new era of creative work for me, watch this space....
2. I love stripey over-the-knee socks and tights.
3. My bathroom is full of bicycles (well only 2 but they take up a lot of space - they get used as towel rails!). I ride a Dawes red feather but secretly yearn for an old Dutch bicycle - although I might struggle with carrying it up 3 flights of stairs.
4. I love to listen to music but have never had a walkman or an ipod.
5. I don't like mobile phones AT ALL.
6. I love trees, things made of wood and computers - and wish someone would design a wooden computer and keyboard.
7. I was in a photoshoot for Top of the Pops in the 60s when I was 5 years old with The Shadows for their well-loved hit - London's Not Too Far :) Hank Marvin played the part of my Dad and I was paid in guineas !!
Now I am supposed to tag 7 people (which I always chicken out of doing) but I will recommend 7 blogs to you to have a look at if you don't know them already.
1. red red day
4. rag and bone