Saturday 1 September 2018

It has been a while.....


After a few years of using facebook and instagram as a platform, I thought it was time to give this space a new lease of life.  5 years ago I graduated from Camberwell School of Art (UAL) with an MA in Visual Art (book arts).  After I graduated I met lots of artists through my friend and fellow artist, Jude Cowan Montague and was invited to take part in some really fun group shows in unusual settings (mainly underground!) from car parks to crypts.  Facebook and instagram became the preferred platform for connecting with other artists.  There was an immediacy in these platforms  and with that a lack of input of thought on my part.  I had not read any blogs in the last 5 years, and then I stumbled upon Helen McCookerybook's blog which has inspired me to take up the written word and start writing and posting links to my work and also the work of other artists and events that have caught my attention.  Welcome back!

No comments: