Monday 26 May 2008

Bicycle beau

(The saddle cover was a present from Sweden)

I have had my lovely Dawes Red Feather for a few years now but every so often my head gets turned by charming old bikes like this Kalkhoff model which I had the opportunity to try out last week. It might look good but - oh my! It sure was uncomfortable to ride - the saddle was too hard, and the tyres so narrow that my bones shook and as for the non-existent braking - caused I am reliably informed by the steel rims (which are also prone to rust) it was a welcome jump onto the old saddle (Brooks - naturally). To make amends for my fickle behaviour I treated the Red Feather to a new Classic Bike Bell. Don't you love that packaging! RING RING!
And while on the subject - pedal on over to these bicycle themed blogs.
Richmond Cycling Campaign - love those hot links
Copenhagen Cycling Chic

No comments: