Thursday 12 February 2009

Antony Hegarty

Void, 2007, ink on paper 20.8x13cms
Antony Hegarty is showing recent work at Isis Gallery, 20 Hanway Street, London W1 until 28th February.
"I have drawn and made things since I was a kid. The visual world is a place I can dream in solitude. I think about the present and how can I reach out to gather the past and the future and draw them towards me. I try to follow the lines, tracing the invisible. Sometimes it's a simple matter of bringing something into focus, or drawing forward the spirit I imagine lies hidden inside a thing. Other times, it's finding the flamingo that lives inside the shadow of my heart. Or I could try to cry a circle for the green eye light of a sea horse."
The Crying Light is Antony and the Johnsons latest musical release. Listen to the new single Epilepsy is Dancing.

1 comment:

Tracy Markey said...

wow, this is serenely beautiful.

i can see so many different images in this - seaweed swirling in the tide; grasses moving in the summer breeze ... lovely, lovely, lovely!