Friday 29 May 2009

Through a glass darkly




I was looking at a kit for a camera obscura and I have always like the idea of pinhole photography so I have been trying to find a way to manipulate the digital camera without pressing any buttons. I used to have an old rolliflex which would have been good to use as a tool but as I don't know where that is I had to make do with a curved piece of glass held in front of the lens. I like the results. The last image is for lying down looking up. Take a look.
Through a Glass Darkly is an Ingmar Bergman film from 1961, the phrase is a quote from the Christian new testament, suggesting that humans have an imperfect perception of reality.

3 comments:

ArtSparker said...

I think we have a match -

You might want to look at a very recent post on Felting Your soul, the translator is a bit wonky but it seems to be on the same subject.

http://feltingyoursoul.blogspot.com/2009/05/een-gevoelig-tiepje.html

I think you would like her work in general.

Feltbug said...

Thankyou for the link Susan - interesting work.

robin said...

sadly, lyingdownlookingup is on hold for a while but thank you for this beautiful image, mandy.